This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #1



Ok so Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and Bookish.  Every week, The Broke and Bookish post a new topic that that week's top ten lists are based on!  This week's topic is favorite books so far this year.

I ended up with 12 books (2 of those are actually series') because I couldn't possibly choose!  I won't even bother numbering them - they're all equally amazing in my eyes!


I actually just recently reviewed this book.  I received it as a R&R books from the author and absolutely loved it!  See my review HERE.


When I read this book, it literally touched my soul.  It does an excellent job in my opinion of bring out the goods and bads of humanity and how a boy named August broke down every barrier.  See my review on GR.


This is the fourth book in the Violet Eden series.  Ever since I picked up the first book on a whim, I've been obsessed.  Honestly, I don't know what else to say... it has an amazing storyline and everything!  See my review on GR.


This actually includes the rest of the series as well (Scarlet and Cress).  I love the concept of this book and I'll often catch myself gaping, ranting, laughing, or crying while reading this series.  It sucks me in!


After hearing so much about the Bloodlines series and the Vampire Academy series, I decided to give it a shot and I'm so grateful I did!  Sydney and I - we're like this *crosses fingers*.  I really should have read VA before this book (and ultimately the series) but I ended up reading them sort of at the same time.  I actually have the fourth book in this series (The Fiery Heart) sitting on my shelf waiting to be read!


Who didn't see this coming??  Yeah I was so excited for the movie and basically bawled the last half of the book and the movie.  Yeah.  Okay.  This book was so emotional for me which is a sign that I really connect with the book which is what I want in a 5 star book!  See my review on GR.


This is the second book in the Throne of Glass series.  Maybe I just have a thing for assassins but this series and basically any series with an assassin in it draws me in like a bee to honey!  I'm beyond excited to read Heir of Fire!!  See my review on GR.


I just loved the ending of this.  It wasn't the typical ending to a dystopian book.  It was more focused on Juliette (the main character) and her personal growth.  Of course that left a lot of questions about what happens to the rest of the world but you can't have everything right?  I did a review on this one too a while back.  See it HERE.


I just did a review on this one on Sunday.  See it HERE.  I guess the idea of this book is enough for it to be on my list.  The whole Shadowhunter thing is so different that anything I've read before.  Also, the humor in this book is just my speed!


This is the final book in the Covenant series.  From the minute I picked up the first book, Half blood, I was hooked.  Jennifer L. Armentrout's writing always seems to draw me with in intense action, lots of romance, and witty humor.  See my review on GR.


I don't know WHY I didn't read these books sooner but I cringe at what I was missing.  I've only read them all once so I couldn't possibly pick a favorite out of the series so this is a representation of the whole series!  If any of you haven't read this series, GO READ IT!  See my review of the whole series on GR.


This is the second book in the Courier's Daughter series (the first book being Defiance).  I picked up the first book on a whim and I'm glad I did!  The plot never slows down and the idea is just so different.  I really don't know how to describe this one's awesomeness!  See my review on GR.


So there are all my favorite books/series' so far this year!  What are some of your favorites?

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you have so many good books on here! I love the Lunar Chronicles and TMI series. And of course, Harry Potter. I just read Shatter Me a few weeks ago, and I loved it! I really can't wait to finish the series. :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool - we're like book buddies haha :D I hope you like the rest of the series!

      Delete
  2. OMG, so many good books, I can't even decide where to start :) Cinder was soo good and I still love Harry Potter even if I read it a long time ago. City of Bones was one of my favorite books in the past and I adore the Fault in Our Stars, too. :) Finally Bloodlines is my all time favorite, I just love Adrian and Sydney which is huge for me because a lot of times I can't bear one of the main characters. :)

    Here's mine:
    http://www.reading-is-dreaming-with-open-eyes.blogspot.hu/2014/06/top-ten-books-ive-read-so-far-this-year.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's gotta suck, always being annoyed by one of the main characters... but that's amazing that it didn't happen in Bloodlines. It's such a good series! I'm checking out your list as we (or rather I) speak!

      Delete
  3. Great list! City of Bones is on my list too! Love the Harry Potter books (naturally). Bloodlines was one of my top reads last year and Cinder I want to read soon.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Haha I have yet to meet one person who doesn't like the Harry Potter books! Cinder is really good!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...