I was tagged back in March by Cristina at Girl In The Pages! Basically you just find books for the particular categories relating to coffee! I really like coffee (although hot chocolate will always hold a special place in my heart) so I can't wait to get started!
1. Black: Name a series that's tough to get into but has hardcore fans.
Definitely the Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness. Personally, I never really got into this series even though I can see the appeal and all the metaphors and things, I just couldn't get into the writing style. There are people on Goodreads and other outlets that hard hardcore fans for this series though! See my review of The Knife of Never Letting Go HERE!
2. Peppermint Mocha: Name a book that gets more popular during winter or a more festive time of the year.
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson. I see this around the bookish sphere a lot more during the summer months. I guess that's true of a lot of contemporaries - I'm in the mood for contemporaries myself during the summer! See my review HERE!
3. Hot Chocolate: What is your favorite children's book?
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a children's book but they are young people books so I guess... I always loved the Animal Ark series by Ben M. Baglio when I was little. I own like 7 or 8 of them and they were always so fun to read and I could finish them in an hour or so!
4. Double Shot of Espresso: Name a book that kept you on the edge of your seat from start to finish.
The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith. I know it sounds weird but I couldn't put this book down just because I really, really, really, wanted to know what happened and how things turned out. It was actually really suspenseful! See my review HERE!
5. Starbucks: Name a book you see everywhere.
The Splintered series by A.G. Howard is literally everywhere and I feel so bad that I haven't read it yet! I've heard so many good reviews too...
6. That Hipster Coffee Shop: Give a book by an indie author a shout-out!
Chains of Prophecy by Jason P. Crawford was really good! You can see my review HERE. I just finished the second book of the series (which was released on the 30th) and I can't wait to get my review all wrapped up for that!
7. Oops! I accidentally got decaf! Name a book you were expecting more from.
The Elite by Kiera Cass for sure. You can read my review HERE (it's from such a long time ago!). I ended up giving it two stars because it annoyed me so very very much. The rest of the series is awesome but this book just let me down :(
8. The Perfect Blend: Name a book or series that was both bitter and sweet but ultimately satisfying.
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. If you've read this book, you know exactly what I mean when I say it was bitter. But it was also really satisfying in the end for some reason so it all worked out! See my review HERE!
Because I'm such a lazy person, this is an open tag (I promise I'll start tagging people soon! Sorry for all this laziness :P). It's a really fun theme! Thanks again for the tag Cristina!