This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Stacking the Shelves (29) and A Week In Review

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly event hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It features books you've recently added to your shelves, be it from the library, bookstore, or ebooks.



I got a bunch of books from the library before I left on vacation and then while I was on vacation, I just had to stop at a flea market and get some books!

Library:


Stand-alone to date

Hey it's Patrick Ness!  I still haven't finished his The Knife of Never Letting Go series but I thought I'd give this a shot since I'm having a hard time finishing that series.


Sky Chasers #1

I just saw the cover at the library and thought it looked interesting... yeah...



Stand-alone to date

Again, I saw the cover and blurb at the library and thought it looked pretty good.



Collection of fairy tales

I've always been curious about the original versions of the fairy tales I've always heard so I thought I'd give it a shot!



Stand-alone to date

I've seen this on several blogs and it sounded really good!  I just finished it and loved it!  Review to come!



The Princesses of Westfalin Trilogy #3

This is the last book in this series!  I already read it and it was pretty good - review to come!



Stand-alone to date

I've already read this as well and it was fabulous!  I saw some people around the blogosphere and some friends reading it last year so I thought I'd give it a go!



Altered #1

Again, I've seen this book everywhere it looks pretty interesting!



This Is What Happy Looks Like #1

I couldn't resist reading this as soon as I got home from the library (it's Jennifer E. Smith people!!) and it was such a good book!  I can't wait to read the second book!


Flea Market:


Stand-alone to date

I've already read this (quite a while back) but I really wanted my own copy so I could read it whenever I wanted but I didn't think I really needed to pay for a new one.  So it was perfect when I found it at the flea market!



His Dark Materials #3

I watched the Golden Compass movie (the first book in this series) about a year ago and it was an interesting story so when I saw this book there (a hardcover in good condition!) I had to have it!  I'll be reading this series soon!



A Week In Review:


The Updates:
Okay so it may not look like I'm getting anywhere on my BABB challenge to review all my book that are on my currently reading shelf but I am succeeding!  For the next couple weeks, it'll be basically all reviews so bear with me while I get it all up!


What did you stack your shelves with this week?  I hope you all have a lovely week!

10 comments:

  1. You have acquired so many great books :) My favourite out of this list is The Distance Between Us by Kasie West :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can't wait to read them all! It's such a good book :) The MC's are so cute together!

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I have a copy of Glow too but I have yet to read it. I've heard good things about it though.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oo nice I hope you like it! Let me know if you want to do a buddy read!

      Delete
  3. What a great haul! I adored A Monster Calls, and my brother actually has to read it for class this year. I hope you enjoy all the books you picked up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to read all of them! That's good to hear!

      Delete
  4. Your haul looks great! There a re a couple on there I'd like to add to my own: This Is What Happy Looks Like, Altered and The Distance Between Us. Hope you enjoy them all :) Here's ours: Bibliojunkies Happy reading! ~ Bel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice mix. I want to try Patrick Ness books soon. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...