This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Stacking the Shelves (30) and A Week In Review

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly event hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It features books you've recently added to your shelves, be it from the library, bookstore, or ebooks.



I got three books this week from the library and I also checked out two books for my English class that I'm rereading and analyzing!

Library:

Stand-alone to date

I was going through Gayle Forman's books and I haven't read this one so I thought I'd give it a shot!


I read a preview of this book at the end of If I Stay and it sounded interesting... The way If I Stay ended... well I feel like I have to read the next book!


I watched the trailer for this and it looks so good!  I'll definitely be seeing the movie when it comes out but I want to read it first so I can compare (or not...)  Also, people say it's so good!


Rereads:

Stand-alone to date

I read this a while back and really liked it (see my review HERE).  My English class is entitled Heroes, Villains, and Quests and we're studying archetypes of those things!  This fit the whole 'transformation' theme perfectly!


Again, this book fit the whole 'transformation' theme very well and I love rereading this series!  See my review HERE.



A Week In Review:


BABB and Other Updates:
So I know it seems like I haven't been posting all that much (and I haven't been... :()  But I have been making lists and other useful things!  Tomorrow I'l be posting the goals for this month's Be A Better Blogger challenge where the topic is creating a review pile.  I've compiled a list of all the books that I've read but haven't fully written up reviews and formatting the posts for yet (all I have is my notes).  There will also be a bunch of movie reviews coming up that I watched a while ago but am just getting to write up now.


I hope you all have a lovely week!

6 comments:

  1. I wasn't a fan of the 5th Wave at all. I read it when it first came out and thought it was way overhyped and the way the story was split up seemed very strange to me. I hope you enjoy it more than I did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Well that's not good news at all... Maybe I'll like it though! You never know! The movie trailer looked good so if they're relatively the same, I think it'll be okay :)

      Delete
  2. Where She Went was amazing, I liked it way more than If I Stay! I also really liked the 5th Wave, but it does have some insta-love and a love triangle so that wss annoying. Besides that though it was really good! Hope you enjoy these :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay good news! The first 2 chapters were really good when I read them at the end of If I Stay and I'm interested to see if Adam and Mia's love story continues! Mehhhh I hate both of those things! Hopefully the world-building and the story will help me get past it :P Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to those reviews! I think you'll love The 5th Wave (I know I did ahah), and We Were Liars is also really good. I think it's so cool how you're writing about ya books in your english class - in mine we're stuck doing Of Mice and Men etc *snores*

    Most recent post on Enchanted by YA: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/announcement-etsy-shop.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah hopefully I will! And hopefully the movie is just as good! I know right - the ending just blew my mind! I'm excited to reread it knowing what happens. Ughhhh I read that in my English class 3 years ago and good riddance! It was a good book but kind of boring you know?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...