This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Tag Tuesday: 12 Days of Books Tag


I saw this tag back in 2014 at Ashley's blog: Falling Down the Book Hole!  It looked different and fun so I thought I'd give it a try!  Also, a bit of a note, I started this tag in October (I know, I know, I'm really slow at these things) and just now, on the 18th, Ashley posted this year's edition of the tag!  You can find that post HERE.  Same questions (unless I somehow am not able to read correctly today) except for 2015 and not 2014.  Enjoy!





On the first day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:
A Partridge in a Pear Tree:
The partridge stood alone in the pear tree: what is your favorite stand alone?

This is so hard!  I have to go with:



Telling the Bees by Peggy Hesketh

This book has everything you could possibly want - a definite onion book!














On the second day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:
Two Turtle Doves:
Love is in the air - who is your OTP?

I think you all saw this coming, but Feyre and Tamlin from A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas... They're perfect together!!  I wouldn't have done Chaol and Celaena from Throne of Glass but I don't think they're the best together any more.  And I'm definitely against her being with Dorian and Rowan!










On the third day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:
Three French Hens:
In the spirit of threes, what is the best trilogy you have read?
The Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy by Laini Taylor is just perfection people.  If you haven't read it yet, I strongly recommend it!














On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:
Four Calling Birds:
Since series usually consist of four or more books, what is your favorite series?
I've read so many series' but I have to say, I could read the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas over and over and over again!














On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:
Five Golden Rings:
One ring to rule them all!  Who is your favorite villain/antagonist?
The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen has such a good antagonist: The Red Queen.  I just love how the author is disguising her identity.  Giving something a name gives it power and with only a representative name, the Mortemesne Queen is totally anonymous.

A close runner up is, of course, A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness.  I love how the antagonist is the child himself and the desires he has to acknowledge and defeat.








On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:
Six Geese a Laying:
Creation is a beautiful thing!  What is your favorite world/world-building?
The Lord of the Rings series by J.R.R. Tolkien has such a fantastic world complete with new languages and all!  Coming in close second is Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling!













On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:
Seven Swans a Swimming:
Who needs seven swans when all it takes it one good animal sidekick to make a hero rock!  Who is your favorite animal sidekick?
Eragon by Christopher Paolini is all about a boys adventures with his dragon, Saphira, as they try to save the legacy of the Dragon Riders.  It's such a cool book and Saphira is such a cool character!













On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:
Eight Maids a Milking:
Milk is so 18th century!  Which book or series takes beverages/food to a whole new level?
So this is completely obvious to me!  The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling has such cool food!  From the jelly beans to the butterbeer, it all sounds so good!














On the ninth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:
Nine Ladies Dancing:
Dancing is just one skill of a lady!  Who is your favorite kickass female lead?
Of course!!  Celaena from the Throne of Glass series... how much more kickass can you get than that??















On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:
Ten Lords a Leaping:
Leaping lords?  How about who is your favorite leading lad?
Ender from the Ender's Game series by Orson Scott Card.  I really like Ender because, as the series progresses, his mind grows so much and his wisdom encompasses everyone.














On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:
Eleven Pipers Piping:
Where would we be without music?  What is your favorite book, or bookish thing, that deals with music? (it can be about music, with reference to music, etc.)
I have to say Throne of Glass again simply because I love how Celaena uses the pianoforte (the piano) to work through her feelings for Sam and everything that she lost.  It connects her to the feelings of her past.

Some runner-ups are If I Stay by Gayle Forman and Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony.  In If I Stay, Mia has extraordinary talent with her cello and it defines her life.  In Chopsticks, the main character, Glory, is a prodigy pianist except it drives her practically insane before she realizes that she can't play like she has been for the rest of her life.







On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me:
Twelve Drummers Drumming:
Drum roll please.............. What is your favorite read of this year?
I could never pick just one book for this, so I picked five!


A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness.  Read my review HERE.












A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas.  Read my review HERE.












The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen.  Read my review HERE.












The Young Elites by Marie Lu.  Read my review HERE.












Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas.  Review to come!















Happy Holidays everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I just read Throne of Glass for the first time and I loved it. I can't wait to read the rest of the books. I've heard such good things. I'm glad to see the series on your list so many times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! It's such a great book and series! I hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  2. This tag looks like so much fun! I'm tempted to do it even though it's already Christmas day lol. I love how many times ACOTAR and ToG are in this post haha - I feel you, girl. Although I must say, I'm more of a Rhysand + Feyre fan myself. Great post, it was fun reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It's so hard to choose which books to put but it was also so nice to travel down memory lane and see all of the books that I've read :)

      They're both just such good books!! Actually, for Christmas, I got a hardcover copy of Queen of Shadows and ACOTAR! I'm so so excited to reread them both! Haha I would take Rhysand for myself! :D I am really curious to see what happens when Feyre has to go to his realm in the next book!

      :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...