This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

30 Days of Books: Day 17 - Favorite Quotes From My Favorite Books

I'm starting to do this again after a little hiatus called vacation.  I originally saw this on Jenni's blog (see her post HERE) and although I don't think the linky is still active, if you'd like, you can still make a post!  Just be sure to link back to Jenni!

Today's topic is: favorite quotes from my favorite books

If you've been on my Goodreads page, you'll know that I have SO many saved quotes.  I don't really want to do yet another Throne of Glass appreciation post, so I'm going to do a different kind of favorite book.  Actually, I'm going to do many favorite books :D

The Young Elites #2

"In the silence, I sit along on my throne and wait eagerly for all the satisfaction and triumph to hit me.  I wait, and wait, and wait.
But it doesn't come."


A Court of Thorns and Roses #1

"Pity those who don't feel anything at all."



"Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum.  Duct tape works anywhere.  Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped."

"'He's stuck out there.  He thinks he's totally alone and that we all gave up on him.  What kind of effect does that have on a man's psychology?'
He turned back to Venkat.
'I wonder what he's thinking right now.'
LOG ENTRY: Sol 61 How come Aquaman can control whales?  They're mammals!  Makes no sense."

"Maybe I'll post a consumer review.  'Brought product to surface of Mars.  It stopped working. 0/10"

"Also, I have duct tape.  Ordinary duct tape, like you buy at a hardware store.  Turns out even NASA can't improve on duct tape."



"Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever."



Do you have any favorite quotes?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these. I've seen The Martian and I loved it. I love the quotes you shared from it. It makes me want to read the book. I'm just scared of it because of all the scientific mumbo jumbo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha the Martian is so hilarious! It actually wasn't all that bad. I mean, yes, there was some of that, but if you've seen the movie, you pretty much know what he's talking about. It helped me so much to watch the movie beforehand. Maybe you'll like it!

      Delete
  2. I like all these. Sounds like The Martian really is fun. I only saw the movie and had no intention of reading the book but now....tempting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...