This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Sunday, September 18, 2016

30 Days of Books: Day 29 - A Book Everyone Hated But You Liked

Because this is me catching up, (see yesterday's post)  I don't believe Jenni has a linky up for this anymore.  However, if you'd like to join in, or get more information, visit Jenni's blog HERE.

Today's topic: a book everyone hated but you liked

Black City #1

Goodreads Blurb:
"A dark and tender post-apocalyptic love story set in the aftermath of a bloody war.

In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-old Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable—they fall in love. Bonded by a mysterious connection that causes Ash’s long-dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they’re caught, they’ll be executed—but their feelings are too strong.

When Ash and Natalie then find themselves at the center of a deadly conspiracy that threatens to pull the humans and Darklings back into war, they must make hard choices that could result in both their deaths."

Why I liked it:
So I read this waaaay back in 2013 which could have contributed to my high rating but I still remember really liking it.  I plan on rereading to reassess though!  The average rating on Goodreads is 3.77 while I rated it 5/5.  Read my review HERE.


What book have you read that you loved that everyone else hated?

6 comments:

  1. I've never even heard of this book. I was pretty distracted the year it came out. Sounds heavier on the romance than the plot and that might be why others didn't Ike it as much. I'm glad you liked it. I'd be interested to see what you'd think upon a reread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it's pretty heavy on the romance which is one problem my older self may have an issue with. I'll have to reread it and see!

      Delete
  2. I love all these prompts because it expands my list of books. I've never heard of this book, but it sounds like it would be a good book. Curse my ever growing TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I feel you there! Every time I see a good book on someone's blog, I'll add it to my TBR and soon it's crazy long!

      Delete
  3. I loved the first 100 or so pages of this, but after that I actually DNFd it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...