This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Monday, October 6, 2014

Book Review Monday: Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick


Goodreads Blurb:
"Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it. A mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever (if that's possible) and what's worse, he seems to be spending time with Nora's archenemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadn't been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude, Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feelings that he is hiding something.

If that weren't enough, Nora is haunted by images of her murdered father, and comes to question whether her Nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death. Desperate to figure out what happened, she puts herself in increasingly dangerous situations to get the answer. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts."



Review:
So I admit, it's been a while since I've read Hush, hush I was was more than a bit confused at what on earth was happening with all of the fallen angel and Nephilium stuff.  However, I do think some parts were just plain confusing on their own and could be straightened out (the whole Black Hand business got a little screwy).

So the person who turned out to be the 'bad guy' in this particular book made sense... in this book.  I just didn't accept how Patch took it so well.  I know he has like a heart of ice but still!  It was a bit of a drastic change which leads me to wonder exactly how much of this book was planned out.  And for that matter, the series.
  
I also didn't like Patch in this one.  And not just because of the whole breaking up with Nora thing    He just let it happen!  And then he didn't do anything to defend himself or really, anything at all but protect Nora and act like he's sacrificing something (which he is but you know what I mean).

Even with all of that, it was still an addicting read (I finished it in 2 nights) and I loved the writing style.  So I don't know... I guess a more thorough evaluation when the series ends and I know where this is all going.

The Final Verdict
I haven't read Hush, hush in a while so I was confused in a lot of parts although some spaces were confusing all by themselves.  Also, the villain and Patch irked me.  However, the writing style is still really good and it was a really addicting read.  So just... ideas.
3.5 stars

Quotes:
“Being with you never felt wrong. It's the one thing I did right. You're the one thing I did right.” 


“You're a psychopath."
"I prefer creative.” 


“I love you more than I think I should.” 


“The only thing a boyfriend was good for was a shattered heart.” 


“Any happiness, no matter how brief, seemed better than the long, simmering torture of waking up day after day, knowing I could never have him.” 


“Whoa, who peed in your Cheerios?” 


“He's got the whole bad-boy-in-need-of-redemption thing going on, but the catch is, most bad boys don't want redemption. They like being bad. They like the power they get from striking fear and panic into the hearts of mothers everywhere” 


“Did I really want to stay on this road longer, knowing it was only going to end in devastation?” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...