This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Saturday, November 28, 2015

BookBlogWriMo 2015 - Day 14: What Role Do Books Play In Your Life?


Today's Topic: What Role Do Books Play In Your Life?

I touched on this on one of the previous day's but let's get more in depth shall we?

Books actually do play a pivotal role in my life.  They're my stress management system: whenever I'm upset, I just read a book before I do something I regret.  They are the sole reason why I am such a mild-mannered and balanced person.

Books also serve as some of my knowledge.  I read both fiction and nonfiction as well as fiction that is drawn from the truth.  You'd be surprised how much you can learn from books if you'd only listen.  One of my favorite quotes from the Throne of Glass series is:

“Libraries were full of ideas–perhaps the most dangerous and powerful of all weapons.” 

Isn't it just perfect?

So there you have it!  Books are an integral part of my life and they aren't leaving anytime soon!

What role do books play in your life? 

2 comments:

  1. I agree that books play a huge role in our lives. They used to not mean anything to me. I hated reading. Now, like you, I read to escape and to deal with my stress. I'm able to cope with life's obstacles better because I read. I also love learning and it's amazing what you can learn from books, even fiction. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps so much! It may seem like a weird way of coping with stress but it really works! Exactly! It makes me sad when I hear so many people don't like reading. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...