This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

30 Days of Books: Day 18 - A Book That Disappointed You

Because this is me catching up, (see yesterday's post)  I don't believe Jenni has a linky up for this anymore.  However, if you'd like to join in, or get more information, visit Jenni's blog HERE.

Today's topic: a book that disappointed you

This is actually a pretty easy decision.  I'm going with:

The Selection #2

Goodreads Blurb:
"The Selection began with thirty-five girls.  Now, with the group narrowed down tot he Elite, the competition to win Prince Maxon's heart is fiercer than ever -- and America is still struggling to decide where her own heart truly lies.  Is it with Maxon, who could make her life a fairy tale?  Or with her first love, Aspen, who she always thought was the one?

America is desperate for more time.  But the rest of the Elite know exactly what they want -- and America's chance to choose is about to slip away."

I actually really liked The Selection!  I loved the pretty dresses, the idea, the plot, the romance, everything!  Except, when we went to the next book, it felt like filler and I just couldn't get behind America's attitude anymore.  To see my review, click HERE.


What book disappointed you?


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not continuing this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've just read the first book? I have to say, I liked that one the most although The One (the third book) was actually pretty good. The Elite was a bit of a let-down, though. Thanks for stopping by , Jenny!

      Delete
  2. I've thought about reading this series, but I've heard the love triangle is stupid and takes center stage, so I'm just not sure I want to even bother. But, I do love the covers, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the love triangle does take center stage so if that annoys you, definitely stay away from this series. While I enjoyed it, after a while, I really just wanted to know the world and this book didn't allow that to happen. The covers are gorgeous!

      Delete
  3. I still honestly believe this series (I do not count The Heir or the The Crown), could have been just one decent sized book, like you said, it did feel like filler.

    Carrie @The Butterfly Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, or even a duology! A trilogy was just a little too much stretching for my taste. It wouldn't have been if the author had explored the world a little more and gone into more detail with the rebels but that just didn't happen.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...