This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Friday, September 16, 2016

30 Days of Books: Day 27 - The Most Surprising Plot Twist Or Ending

Because this is me catching up, (see yesterday's post)  I don't believe Jenni has a linky up for this anymore.  However, if you'd like to join in, or get more information, visit Jenni's blog HERE.

Today's topic: the most surprising plot twist or ending


Goodreads Blurb:
"A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
True love.
The truth.

We Were Liars is a modern, sophisticated suspense novel from National Book Award finalist and Printz Award honoree E. Lockhart.

Read it.
And if anyone asks you how it ends, just LIE."

Why the ending is crazy:
Like the blurb suggests, this book has such a crazy ending!  I really didn't see it coming but when I reread it, I saw all of the hidden hints the author left which is why I wasn't mad at all about the ending!  It was so brilliantly planned out and it came out of left field in the best way possible!


What book has the most surprising ending or plot twist that you've read?

6 comments:

  1. I've heard this one is so sad. I'm not sure I can bring myself to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is REALLY sad. I made the mistake of reading the ending in public and I was just bawling my eyes out. It's a really good book though so maybe eventually you'll be able to read it.

      Delete
  2. I recall hearing a lot about We Were Liars when it came out. I can't really remember which book had the most surprising ending that I've read, but I think The Broken Eye (Lightbringer #3) by Brent Weeks is the last one to scare me.
    ~Litha Nelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scary endings can also be wonderfully horrifying! I don't think I've read a truly scary book so that's on my list for October :)

      Delete
  3. The ending of this one got spoiled for me midway through reading it. I was not seeing it coming though so I would have been surprised

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's horrible! The best part about the ending is how crazy but also how much sense it makes!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...