Typically I'm open for reviews during the months of January and July. Due to time constraints (I have four other jobs that have to come first a majority of the time), I am only able to review a fixed amount of books during each review period so I mostly operate on a first come first serve basis.
If you're new to this business, my Pursuit of Reviewers Guide will help you out with some of the questions you may have! If you do not follow the guidelines outlined below, I'm afraid I will be unable to process your request.
Any author (or person speaking for the author - they have to be official) may gift me with a free copy of their book in exchange for an honest review. I do not except any kind of compensation, including monetary, for reviews and I cover the pros and cons of every book I read honestly and thoroughly. I accept YA, NA, and Adult books (no MG) from every genre except erotica and every publishing experience (be it self-published or published through a publishing house).
I only accept electronic copies of books (mobi is preferred as I read on a Kindle but any format besides a Word doc works). I do not share any materials given to me unless specified by the author.
My reviews contain:
- The book cover
- Blurb (from Goodreads)
- Links to Goodreads, Amazon, Book Depository, and Barnes and Noble (if you as the author/publicist would like there to be a specific link, let me know)
- My review of the book (I block off spoilery things)
- A final verdict section (a non-spoilerly summary of what I thought)
- Any favorite quotes
If you would like to have your book reviewed by me, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org (blueeyebooks3[at]gmail[dot]com). Please include the following in your query:
- The author's name (as it appears on the book or otherwise)
- The book(s) title and series (if applicable) - note: the book(s) must be first in a series unless a) I've already read the previous books (you can search my Goodreads read shelf) or b) the books can be read in any particular order without confusion or a lesser experience
- A blurb/summary
- The genres the book fits best into
- Any time requests you may have (I can usually accommodate requests that are 3-4 months in advance although this is highly dependent on the time of year and current review TBR length; just let me know the circumstances and we can work something out)
- Links to Goodreads and other applicable sites you deem appropriate (for example, author's website, Amazon, etc)
I automatically cross-post my reviews to the following sites:
- This blog (Blue Eye Books)
- Barnes and Noble (if applicable)
- Facebook page (Blue Eye Books)
If you have any questions at all, feel free to email me or contact me through any of the avenues in the Contact Me tab! I look forward to working with you!