This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Saturday, December 12, 2015

BookBlogWriMo 2015 - Day 28: #ShowMeYourShelves


Today's Topic: #ShowMeYourShelves

This prompt is relatively simply!  I'll show you my lovely shelves of books!  These are just my physical books - I have a whole host of kindle books but that would be quite the long post if I put those in too!  And of course the books I have on my Kindle app (different Amazon account) and iBooks!  So I'll just do physical books :)



Here's an overview of my first book shelf.  There's actually another half to this bookshelf (this is the right half) but I haven't filled it with books yet!  I keep all the books that I've gotten recently (as in within the past 2 years) so these are mostly 'blogging' books.


This is the top left portion.  I have the following books:



This is the top right portion.  I have the following books here:



This is the last part of the entire bookshelf - the bottom portion!  All I have down here are the books that my dad lent to me to read.  I'm either using them for school research or English projects.  They are:



Now for the other bookshelf!  Here's an overview:


This is the shelf that I keep all of my other books (mostly books from my middle school years).  I also have my TBR jar, puzzle that I have yet to finish, and Rubix cube on.


Here's the top shelf!  Like I said, I have my Rubix cube and puzzle on this shelf (as well as a baseball that I caught at a baseball game a while back and my owl book-stop).  Here are the books from left to right:



This is the middle shelf!  Here are the books from left to right:



Down on the last shelf is just Little Women and a bunch of crafting and Dr. Suess books so I won't list those.


These are the books that are currently on my night stand either from the library or books that I'm still reading (yeah... Blood of Olympus...)



And that's it!  How are your shelves organized?

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing people's shelves and yours are no exception! Love them <3 mine are organised alphabetically by author's last name but they're never up to date because I acquire them quicker than I read them ahah
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing other people's shelves too! It fascinates me how other people organize their books while I just try to keep series' together and separate them based on the stage of my life in which I read them. The organization! I'd love to alphabetize my books but somehow I never get around to it... Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Your bookshelves are so lovely! Your middle grade shelves are goals. <3 As of right now, I just have my middle grade books scattered throughout my room or lying in a storage container. The struggle of having too many books and so little space lol. I don't really have a specific organization for my books, but as of right now I separate contemporaries from fantasy on my shelves. Mostly, I just put the same-sized books together. But then again, I always reorganize because I hear of other organization techniques that sound wonderful. :)

    -Megan, Books of Fascination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Megan! That's exactly what my newer books were like before my dad built my second bookshelf (the brown one). They were stacked up everywhere collecting dust and it was so sad! Best of luck getting organized!

      That's as good a method as any to organize! I mean, the most important thing is that you're able to find all of your books right? :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...