Sunday, April 27, 2014

Everwild by Kayla Jo



This is one of those books that you read after having read a bunch of books with the same plot and you just think "so books CAN be different!". That didn't happen to me but I imagine it could happen to someone... :D So anyway down to business.

I got this book on Amazon on a whim and I'm glad I did. From the first page, it absorbed me. This book is about witches and all that fantasy stuff but it puts a new spin on it. It's also very real. the main character, Willow Rose (I LOVE her name by the way!), is an immature 16 year-old but she has her bright moments. she's lived a sheltered life so it was nice to see that the author kept it real by making her act that way. She doesn't know a lot about the world or at the most just knows a bunch of facts with no experiences to go with them which is to be expected for her situation and age.

This is a 4 star book to me for two reasons. One, I'm sure you've heard me say before - it just isn't a true fangirl book for me. I won't obsess over the characters or imagine what it would be like if Willow ended up with someone else or how she will defeat Hekate or anything like that. Yes, I have an extreme urge to get the next one but it wasn't great.

The second reason, I haven' said about many books but I feel like I have to say it about this one. The love story between Willow Rose and Declan was extremely predictable. Declan gets pushed into the portal, they go on a long and dangerous journey alone, they fall in love, and have relationship problems along the way. Of course that isn't entirely true but if I say why, it will be a spoiler and I've been trying so hard lately to have spoiler free reviews so that's that.

So four stars for a really good reality but lacking in the relationship originality department.

Oh and P.S. I LOVE the cover - beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...