This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Monday, June 30, 2014

Liebster Award!

OH.  MY.  GOODNESS.  I've been nominated for the Liebster Award!  Thank you so much Jamie from I'm a fangirl, hear me roar!  I've been blogging for a reaaaally short time (say... I don't know... like 3 months!) and honestly didn't expect anyone to read stuff that came from my strange mind.  So thank you to all of my followers who read my posts!  You're awesome!

Here are the rules for this award:
You need to:
1.  List 11 facts about yourself.
2.  Answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated you asked.
3.  Nominate 9 bloggers with less than 300 followers and leave them a comment letting them know they've been nominated.
4.  Ask 11 new questions for your nominees.
5.  No renominating the blog that nominated you!
(For a more extensive explanation click HERE)

So let's get started shall we?

The 11 facts about me:
1.  Reading is basically my only hobby.
2.  I am a total chocoholic, shoeaholic, bookaholic, and appleholic.
3.  I have two kitties, Tiger and Smokey, who are sisters.  And yes, they are adorable :)
4.  I've been to 4 countries (counting the one I live in - the US).
5.  I have a weird obsession with pens.
6.  I always end up putting too many books on hold at the library and they appear by the stack.  Sometimes I have to give them back before I've read them because there just wasn't any time!
7.  My TBR list is 2,526 books long.
8.  I have an extremely eclectic taste in music - ranging from heavy metal and Volbeat to country and Taylor Swift with everything in between.
9.  I love love love singing.
10.  I'm aspiring to be a writer.
11.  I adore all Marvel movies.

The answers to the questions:
1.  If you could go anywhere, where and why?
~ I'd love to go to Paris, France.  It's always been a dream vacation of mine.  I love the French cuisine and all the sights must be amazing!  I may just move there someday!

2.  Would you be A.) A fulltime Fangirl/Fanboy or B.) Die a horrible death?
~  I pretty much am already a fulltime Fangirl so I guess that.  I don't really want to die a horrible death - who does? *shudders*

3.  Did you really hate my last question?
~  YOU HAVE TO ASK?!?!?!  In case you didn't grasp my subtly, that was a yes, thank you very much.

4.  If you could take credit for writing any book, which would you choose?
~  I hope you mean which book I wish I had written... I'm not really the kind of person that steals other people's thunder...  I wish I would have written the Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi.  Why you ask?  Weeeeell... I guess I just love the story and it's on the same wavelength as my own thoughts/daydreams (and NOW you know what goes on in my head). 

5.  Which celebrity would you like to drop kick in the face?
~  Justin Beiber!  UGH!!  I realize that he's growing up in front of the whole world and such but really?

6.  I know you're really not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but if/when you did what book had any amazing cover and turned out to be a great book?
~  The Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi has beautiful covers (I know my grammer is terrible, no need to rub it in now.  But it's late and I'm tired.  What do you expect?).  I also love the covers for the Graceling trilogy by Kristin Cashore, Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell, and Finding What Is by Tabitha Vohn.  They're all such good books - I'd recommend them to most anyone :)

7.  What's your biggest pet peeve?
~  When I'm nice and polite to someone and they just can't return the favor.

8.  Which faction would you be put into?  Notice I said faction not if you're divergent or not.
~  Yes I did notice!  I think I'd be Erudite mostly because I love learning.  Knowledge can lead to so many doors and is so helpful.  I always strive to learn as much as possible.  A really close second is Dauntless.  I really didn't know which to choose... 

9.  What's your favorite blog to read?
~  I follow and love so many!  I enjoy watching Saloni's videos though at My Fantabulous Bookshelf.

10.  Did you hear they're making a High School Musical 4?!?!?!?! (P.S.  a random post on Tumblr said this, so may or may not be true, but in case it is I'll make you excited for it)
~  Yes!  I actually saw a couple tweets about it a couple hours ago!  I've only seen the first though so I'll have to watch the rest.  I thought the first one was just ok so we shall see.

11.  Which book character do you most relate to?
~  I hate it when people ask me this question!  I've read about so many characters!  I can relate to almost all (unless they're really wise or old because I haven't reached that point of my life yet) because of my overactive imagination.  I can slip into any character's world quite easily which makes reading a thrill :)  So I really don't know I guess!

My nominee's:
The Last Page At Midnight
Tanya at A Book Paradise
The Bookwhore Diaries
Beatrice at Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Kirsty at Studio Reads
Rochella at iamaloserkid reads and reviews
Trinity at The Midnight Princess
The Misses at Fangirling misses
Blaze at Shadowhunters' Library

Questions for my nominee's:
1.  What are your favorite genre's?
2.  What is one food you absolutely hate and will never willingly eat it again in your life?
3.  Has an amazing book been ruined for you just because of a bad ending?
4.  What book/series are you most ashamed that you haven't read yet?
5.  Have you ever solved a Rubik's cube?
6.  What is the craziest food you have ever eaten?
7.  Which do you like better?  Warm or cold weather?
8.  If you had to choose between being forever blind or forever deaf, which would you choose?
9.  Paperback, hardcover, or ebook?
10.  What is the last song you've had on repeat you loved it so much?
11.  Have you ever read a book that is widely hated but you loved it or vice versa?  If so, what book?



Also, I'm sorry for going dark on all of you lovely people but for the past week, I was on vacation!  I had so much fun :)  It's good to be back though.  I'll probably be posting a book review later tonight or early tomorrow morning.  I really need to catch up on my reviewing!

5 comments:

  1. Followed all of you via GFC! ;) -The Bookwhore Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankss for the nomination Laura dearyy ;)
    –B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura! Thanks so much for nominating me, this is my third nomination. so I'm just going to answer your questions here. :)

    1. What are your favorite genres?
    - Contemporary Romance, Dystopia, New Adult and Paranormal

    2. What is one food you absolutely hate and will never willingly eat it again in your life?
    - Grilled Chicken Head. Damn disgusting.

    3. Has an amazing book been ruined for you just because of a bad ending?
    - Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I still gave it 4 stars because there was a message to it.

    4. What book/series are you most ashamed that you haven't read yet?
    - The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.

    5. Have you ever solved a Rubik's cube?
    - NO. I always have one side with multiple colors when everything was okay.

    6. What is the craziest food you have ever eaten?
    - Chicken feet, grilled chicken intestines, Pork ears, Pig skin. - They are all grilled by the way. haha exotic foods here in the Philippines.

    7. Which do you like better? Warm or cold weather?
    - Not too Warm or not too cold.

    8. If you had to choose between being forever blind or forever deaf, which would you choose?
    - Deaf. but Neither would be better. :)

    9. Paperback, hardcover, or ebook?
    - Any of these. As long as I can read.

    10. What is the last song you've had on repeat you loved it so much?
    - All the Love in the World by The Corrs - I love old songs. lol

    11. Have you ever read a book that is widely hated but you loved it or vice versa? If so, what book?
    - House of Night Series by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast. Most people that I knew find it boring.

    Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...