This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Liebster Awards 2 and 3!

I was nominated for two more Liebster Awards!!  This is beyond exciting!  Thank you thank you thank you to Lady Bee at Let Books Bee and Tia at Read It Write Now!  You guys are awesome and you both have amazing blogs :)

Here are the rules:
1.  List 11 facts about yourself.
2.  Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3.  Nominated 5-10 bloggers with less than 300 followers and leave them a comment that they have been nominated.
4.  Ask 11 new questions for your nominees.
5.  You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.

I'm just going to saw 11 facts about myself (not 22), answer the questions from both and nominate 5ish blogs.

Facts about me!
1.  My current favorite songs are Try by Colbie Caillat and Shatter Me by Lindsey Stirling ft. Lizzy Hale.
2.  I try to write reviews right after I finish a book.
3.  My TBR list is now 3,203 books long.
4.  My Read list is currently 548 books long.
5.  I only started seriously reading (basically reading like a serial killer...) about a year ago around the time I joined Goodreads.
6.  My favorite color is blue.
7.  The last movie I watched was Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
8.  I try to read at least half a book a day.
9.  I'm currently in the middle of my own R&R September (where I plan to read all of my R&R books I've received for review - 23 left!).
10.  I play piano, clarinet, and alto saxophone.
11.  I have the cutest frog tape dispenser sitting on my desk that was a gift!

Lady Bee's Questions!
1.  There's a fire in your room!  You only have time to grab one book and make a run for the door, which book is it?
~ This is so hard!!  I think I would either grab my copy of Heir of Fire or my kindle (can't I save both?!)

2.  Say, you get to interview any author, either alive or dead, who would it be?
~  Jennifer E. Smith!  I'd ask her what happens after The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight ends!  I feel so much like Hazel wanting to know what happens to everyone but seriously!  If you've read that book, you get it right??

3.  A new Twilight spin-off will be made!  Love it or hate it?  Why?
~  Ahhhh... written by Stephanie Meyer?  Probably hate it.  I know I gave high star ratings to the Twilight books but that was back when I hadn't really been reading books, I was just hurrying through them and only paying attention to the plot.  So I'll have to reread those and give them proper ratings and reviews!  So anyway, Stephanie Meyer had the right idea but I think her execution is a bit off.

4.  A cheesy romance novel or a toe-curling horror story?
~  Cheesy romance hehe :)  I'll read horror but it isn't my favorite genre in the world.

5.  Pure, milk, or white chocolate?  Why?
~  PURE!!  Well I call it dark chocolate.  I've never actually heard dark chocolate called pure chocolate.  Is that like a different countries thing?  But anyway, dark chocolate is so good and so good for you!  I like the kind with mint in it.  Oh and Divine dark chocolate is perfection.  I'm a bit of a chocoholic :)

6.  Honestly, do you reply to every review request you get?
~  Yes.  Unless it's really obvious that it's a mass email that authors send to every blogger out there.  If authors really want me to review their book, then I need to know that they're willing to write a nice email to only me.  I don't like mass request emails.  I do usually try to fit every request in although sometimes I have to turn some down.

7.  Did you ever stop reading a book because it was "too much"?
~  Not that I can remember...

8.  What's the worst book you have ever read?
~  Extras by Scott Westerfield.  If you say you're writing a trilogy, stick with it!  Don't just randomly add another book on the end!  The series was already going downhill for me and that just tipped it over the edge.  I couldn't even finish the book!  I've only given 2 one star ratings and that book was one of them.

9.  What book do you want to see as a movie?  Which actor should play the main character?
~  I'm terrible with these questions...  I'd love to see Graceling... which is coming out this year or next year coincidentally!

10.  What do you like the most about blogging so far?
~  Being able to help people choose the right book for them.  I've read so many books now, it's so cool to be able to talk about them with other people!  And I love surfing around the blogosphere to see what other people are loving!

11.  Have you learned anything since you started your blog?  If so, what did you learn?
~  I learned how to work most of blogger...  I don't know... I feel like I'm a sort of better writer and it keep's me motivated to be writing and such...  I'm terrible with these deep questions.


Tia's Questions!
1.  Do you like reviewing books you liked or didn't like better?
~  I know this probably makes me a horrible person but I think I'm better at reviewing books I didn't like.  I have a hard time gushing about really good books...

2.  If you were tossed into the world of the Hunger Games, who would you want as your ally?
~  Is it cheating to say Katniss??

3.  During a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice?
~  Hmmm... either explosives or a sword.  I just have this fascination with the coolness of swords and explosives are very good at killing zombies (or so I've heard).

4.  What is your favorite book to movie adaptation?
~  The Giver!!  I also really like Catching Fire (MOCKINGJAY PART 1 COMES OUT ON NOVEMBER 21ST!!!!!!!!)

5.  What is the book that you turn to for comfort?
~  Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas.  It's just all around awesomeness man!  The line "My name is Celaena Sardothien and I will not be afraid" pumps me up every time!

6.  Say you got locked inside a Barnes and Nobles for days on end with nothing to do but read, what section of the store would you start at?
~  New release YA books!!!  That would be a dream come true!

7.  What book character do you think you are like the most?
~  I honestly have no idea...  Katy from Obsidian by JLA?  She likes books too...

8.  If you were stuck on an island and were only allowed to bring three things with you, what would they be?
~  My kindle, an entire grocery store (it counts as one thing!), and a satellite phone (so I could call for help when I wanted to get outta there!).

9.  If there was one song that described you, what would it be?
~  These are all such deep questions!  Ugh I don't know...  If you guys have any ideas, comment please because I'm at a loss here...

10.  What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to books?
~  Unnatural dialogue/thesaurus writing!  It's like the author is trying to have 'proper' grammar and use fancy words to sound smarter but it comes out sounding stiff and formal and like I'm reading an essay.  Hate, hate, hate it.  You know, it sounds like the author just went through the thesaurus for every single word they use!  And the non-use of contractions (in books set in modern times).  Seriously??

11.  Love triangles?  Love them or hate them?
~  If they aren't the main focus and are well done, they can be pretty good.  I currently have a love-hate relationship with The Selection by Kiera Cass mainly because there was some other stuff in there but not enough to dilute it.


Questions for the nominees!
1.  How many books have you read so far this year?
2.  If space aliens were coming from the sky and invading your house, what character do you draw from to become an awesome, fabulous fighter?
3.  Do you write reviews by hand or typing (before you actually type them up)?
4.  Favorite drink?
5.  Do you like eating while you read?  If so, what?
6.  Do you write notes and such in your physical copies of books?
7.  If you could only use scissors or glue for the rest of your life (and the other one was gone from the earth) which would it be?
8.  What is the last book you bought?
9.  Do you have any pets?
10.  Would you rather go skydiving or scuba diving?
11.  What is your favorite object sitting within arms reach of where you are sitting at this moment?


Now for the big event - the nominees!  I nominate:



Tata for now!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 3203 books on your TBR? Mine looks wimpy compared with yours... Goodreads has a strange way of making all of us into book addicts, I think- so many recommendations!
    Congratulations on your Liebster Awards!
    ~Litha Nelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I think I may have compulsive-put-books-on-TBR syndrome... It does! Before Goodreads, I didn't even know what I would read next! Now, I have a list a mile long! Thanks!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...