Here are the rules:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominated 5-10 bloggers with less than 300 followers and leave them a comment that they have been nominated.
4. Ask 11 new questions for your nominees.
5. You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.
1. I am in love with chocolate.
2. I've always wanted to be an artist but I'm terrible at art so that dream kind of failed...
3. I am in constant need of gum.
4. I am currently obsessed with listening to Lucy Hale, Shane Koyczan, and Fall Out Boy!
5. I watch The 100 and Pretty Little Liars. Otherwise, I don't have any time to watch anything else.
6. My closet is stocked with at least 30 balls of yarn that I told myself I'd knit into something someday.
7. Going along with that, my other closet is stocked with a bunch of fabric and patterns I told myself I would sew eventually.
8. I cannot handle writing with a dull pencil.
9. I love braiding hair.
10. I'm currently in the middle of a big review slump where I'll read a bunch of books and then not want to review them. Hopefully it'll pass soon!
11. I've always wanted to learn how to play the guitar and the flute (I already play clarinet, piano, and saxophone (and recorder if you count that)).
Now for the questions!
1. In a perfect world, what mistake would authors avoid?
- Writing a book that sounds remarkably like another or uses the very same concepts. Blehhh then I can't stop comparing them in my head an it gets all messy :P
2. What book character can you most relate to and why?
- I don't really have an answer to this one... I sort of relate to all the characters I read about and enter their world!
3. If you could get any author's signature, who would it be and why?
- SARAH J. MAAS PEOPLE!! If you haven't read her Throne of Glass series, it is seriously amazing. That's basically my reason :D Also, Tahereh Mafi who wrote the Shatter Me series. I love her metaphorical writing!
4. Do you like to write stories as well as read them?
- Yes! Although, as I mentioned in my last discussion post, most of my characters turn out to be Mary Sue's even though I'm aware that Mary Sue's are terrible to read about. I just get so excited about the plot that I sort of let the characters go. I'm working on it!
5. What is the first book ever that you remember reading and liking (picture books too!)?
- There was this one alphabet book that I remember loving because it had all foods in it. So it'd be apple, banana, carrot, drink, fruit, eggplant, etc etc. I loved seeing ice cream for I and a bunch of other stuff. That was my first favorite book and I read it so much my parents had to duct tape the spine because it fell apart.
6. What are your favorite and least favorite genres?
- Favorite is fantasy hands down! Anyone who follows my blog on a regular basis, you see the countless fantasy books going through the review process and all that jazz. Least favorite I'd have to say erotica. I just can't get on board with it and the few I've read I didn't really take a liking to.
7. Do you prefer a female or male POV?
- Female most of the time because I am a girl so I connect more with female characters however it is nice to read from a male's perspective maybe 35% of the time. In general I'd say I just want a well-written character.
8. What's your biggest book-related pet peeve?
- When I'm just getting to the good part of a book but I'm reading at school or somewhere else where I know people and someone walks up to me and decides to start a conversation. I'm not an antisocial person but DON'T bother me when I'm reading. I try to make subtle hints by partially ignoring them and reading onward but that just ruins the whole build up :(
9. What's your favorite part of blogging?
- I'd say my favorite part is interacting with all of you! Especially when I put up a discussion post and you guys are so nice and take the time to comment your thoughts and we can have a little mini conversation! I also love it when people email me just wanting to talk or anything! Sure, writing reviews about books and reading is fun, but it's kind of lonely if you're on your own all the time :D Also, that satisfaction when you have the whole next month scheduled with posts! Such a great feeling!
10. What subject do you think more books should be written about?
- Accurate books about obscure cultures or just cultures that don't get a lot of attention. For example, I just read A World Away which is a book about an Amish girl who goes out into the 'modern' world to see what world she belongs in. I've never read a book about the Amish customs and it was really interesting to find out more. If an author is well-researched or they are part of that culture, I'd love to learn more about it and I think the world could benefit by learning more about each other.
11. Besides reading, what's your favorite thing to do in free time?
- Well I really enjoy blogging and writing stories as well as listening to music and discovering more artists online. I'm also on a mission to watch as many movies as possible so I try to watch one a night. Oh and I do love knitting and crocheting. And singing! I also love hanging out with different people and getting to know people!
Thanks again to Cari and Haley! These were some really good questions!