This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Ultimate Book Tag

Hello there everyone!  So I saw this tag a while back on Veronika's blog at Reading is Dreaming With Open Eyes and it looked really fun!

All you have to do is answer 25 book related questions.  Here we go!




1.  Do you get sick while reading in the car?

Actually yes which really sucks because I go on a lot of road trips with my family so while I'm in the car for 30+ hours, I can't read AT ALL!  Seriously, I envy people who can read in cars and not get sick.  I can, however, read on buses, trains, subways, and basically any other mode of transportation without getting sick.  WHAT IS THIS WORLD??

2.  Which authors writing style is completely unique to you and why?

Tahereh Mafi!  If you've ever read her Shatter Me series, you know why.  She is the QUEEN of metaphors and her writing is so abstract but still makes so much sense.  I could read it all day!

3.  Harry Potter series or the Twilight Saga?  Give 3 points to defend your answer.

Harry Potter, no contest.  1) Because magic is so much more awesome than vampires and werewolves.  2) Because the love-triangle should be DEAD.  And 3) because Harry Potter teaches you something about yourself and about life while Twilight just teaches you to stay away from strange guys who sparkle (totally my opinion).

4.  Do you carry a book bag?  If so, what is in it (besides books...)?

I do indeed!  I have a different one for school and then one for anytime else but I always carry my earbuds, iPod, phone, pencils and pens, paper, my Moleskine notebook (mostly for reviews), wallet, tissues, post-its, eos lip balm, hand lotion, and hand sanitizer.  And of course my kindle or a book.  If I'm at school, I just add all my school books.

5.  Do you smell your books?

Yes actually.  When they first come in the mail (or I buy them physically) or I'm about to reread a favorite!

6.  Books with or without little illustrations?

Ehhh I don't really mind either way so long as the pictures actually match the story and all...

7.  What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn't quality writing?

TWILIGHT hands down.  It was one of the first fantasy series' I ever read and at first I thought it was great but after having a much expanded literary experience, I don't really get why I rated it 5 stars.  I'll have to do a review on it soon and change my rating.

8.  Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood?  Please share!

I do sort of!  So when I was little, I had a bookcase in my room full of children's books that my parents would read to me (I was too young to read).  I developed a habit of climbing out of my crib in the middle of the night to sit by my bookcase and 'read' all the books inside.  I'd flip through them (examining the words and pictures without reading anything) and stack them neatly next to me.  I'd never cry and my parents would find me in the morning with a huge stack of books next to me and flipping through one of the last books on the shelf!

9.  What is the thinnest book on your shelf?

Besides children's books that I kept for the nostalgia (who doesn't reread their old favorites from time to time?)?  It'd be either the Animal Ark books I bought when I was much younger or Number the Stars by Lois Lowry

10.  What is the thickest book on your shelf.?

Little Women, Bitterblue, The Book Thief, and Heir of Fire are all really close in size although I think Little Women is the largest.

11.  Do you write as well as read?  Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?

I do write although I almost never find the time to.  I have a bunch of story ideas but there's never enough time to actually write them down.  It would be cool to be an author but I think I may have to just do it part time?

12.  When did you get into reading?

Like I said in #8, pretty much when I was 3ish.  I kept fake reading until I could actually read and then I would read everything I could understand.  So I just evolved from My ABC's to Dr. Suess to Animal Ark to where I am now reading the Iliad, The Book Thief, and all that jazz.

13.  What is your favorite classic book?

The Great Gatsby for sure.  I don't think I've done a review for it yet but stay tuned!  I just bought my physical copy and it looks so pretty on my shelf!

14.  In school, was your best subject Language Arts/English?

Yes and it still is!  I've been in honors/advanced/AP English pretty much my entire life and I hope it never changes!

15.  If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?

I'd say thank you to the person and smile and all that and keep it.  You never know when your tastes will change!  I'd read it again in 5 years and see how I've changed.

16.  What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or The Hunger Games?

The Testing series immediately came to my mind along with the Shatter Me series!  They're both really good although I liked the Shatter Me series so much more than The Testing series.

17.  What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?

I have these planning phases that are so annoying!  So for maybe 2 weeks I really get into the blogging mode and I schedule posts for basically the entire month right?  And then that month goes by and suddenly I'm like 'why isn't anything automatically posting??'.  You see, turning the page on your calender and realizing you have nothing planned for the next month is kind of important!  I'm working on it :)

18.  What is your favorite word?

I honestly have no idea... I used to really like the word lollipop (it's like the longest word in the English language that you type exclusively with your right hand!) but now... ehhhh.  Wait!  FANCY.  That's it.  That word is just awesomesauce :D

19.  Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb?  Or all of the above?

I'll go with all of the above...?  I have no idea what category I fit into for anything...

20.  Vampires or Fairies?  Why?

I really, really want to say fairies but honestly, when, in any media, have fairies not been hardcore Slytherins?  So vampires I guess...  I did really like The Immortal Rules series!

21.  Shapeshifters or Angels?  Why?

Angels... I think...  I haven't read all that many books about shapeshifters but in my experience, angels just make for better stories (for me of course).

22.  Spirits or Werewolves?

Spirits as in ghosts right?  If that's the case, I'll go with werewolves.  I don't really like reading about ghosts although I'm not the biggest werewolf fan either.

23.  Zombies or Vampires?

Again, I haven't read many stories about zombies but they seem rather boring to me so I'll go with vampires.

24.  Love triangle or forbidden love?

Forbidden love.  Even though it does make me cringe a bit, love triangles are hard to do right so it's always a toss up whether it'll be good or not.

25.  Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?

I actually really like both but I can't read too many of one kind at a time.  Like now, I'm in desperate need of a romance book because I've been reading so many action and dystopian books recently.



And that's it!  Since this tag is from so long ago, this is an open tag and anyone who wants to do it, be my guest!  It's a lot of fun :)

6 comments:

  1. This tag was great. I liked it overall. I was nice knowing more about your reading habits and stuff. Thanks for posting this tag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome - it was really fun answering the questions! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Totally true about reading while traveling! My family travels a lot and I just CAN'T read on the plane it's terrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously? That must suck! All that time to burn and you can't read...

      Delete
  3. Great answers! Funny about Twilight (not being quality writing). I think a lot of people realized that.
    And I totally agree about love triangles!
    This is mine: http://missmoviecanada.blogspot.ca/2015/04/the-ultimate-book-tag.html

    Sydney @ Miss Movie of Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I've looked around and a lot of people put Twilight for that question or changed their reviews/ratings on Goodreads. :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...