This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Friday, May 27, 2016

30 Days of Books: Day 10 - Favorite Classic

Check out my first post (HERE) for a whole explanation on this!  Jenni is hosting this round and she has a linky set up if you'd like to join in!  Check out her blog HERE.

Today's topic is your favorite classic.



This prompt is probably one of the easier ones!  I absolutely love:


Blurb:
"THE GREAT GATSBY, F. Scott Fitzgerald’s third book, stands as the supreme achievement of his career. This exemplary novel of the Jazz Age has been acclaimed by generations of readers. The story of the fabulously wealthy Jay Gatsby and his love for the beautiful Daisy Buchanan, of lavish parties on Long Island at a time when The New York Times noted “gin was the national drink and sex the national obsession,” it is an exquisitely crafted tale of America in the 1920s.

The Great Gatsby is one of the great classics of twentieth-century literature."


I just love how this book can dive into such deep topics with such a short page count.  I also just love the general atmosphere of the 20s and how it's presented in the book.  The movie is also so great!

What's your favorite classic?

8 comments:

  1. I've only seen the movie so far. I wonder how similar the book is. One day I'll read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book and the movie were actually pretty similar in my opinion. The directors did a pretty good job! I hope you like the book!

      Delete
  2. I was required to read this in high school, but I'll admit that I didn't read it. I watched the Robert Redford movie instead. (That's how I did things back then.) I want to read the book now, though. I think I might enjoy it, but I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I imagine that's how most students get through (I'm a fan of reading all of the classics so I didn't). Well if you do end up reading it, I hope you like it as much as I do!

      Delete
  3. This is definitely a classic I should revisit now that I'm grown up. I didn't think too fondly of it when I was forced to read it for summer reading for 9th grade English, but rare indeed is the required reading that is enjoyable when you're a contrarian who likes to read but doesn't like to be told what to read. I loved the movie, wonder if I could love the book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think just the act of being forced to read something makes you like it a whole lot less. I was forced to read Brave New World and 1984 in my 11th grade English class and I hated them. However, I think if I read them of my own volition now, I would like them a little more! I really hope you like the book if you end up giving it a shot!

      Delete
  4. You know, despite my penchant for reading older books and classics, I haven't gotten around to reading The Great Gatsby yet. My favorite classic is a tie between The Picture of Dorian Gray and Rebecca.
    ~ Litha Nelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I would have thought you would have because of all of those reasons! I haven't read either of those yet but they're definitely on my classics list!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...