This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Award Tuesday: Liebster Award #5


I was nominated for the Liebster Award for the fifth time by Brittany @The Crafty Engineer's Bookshelf last February (I know, I'm so behind!!).  Here are the rules!

1. Post 11 facts about yourself.

2. Answer the 11 questions created by the person who nominated you, then create your own set for the people who you are going to nominate!

3. Choose 11 people (that have under 200 followers) to nominate and link them to your post.

4. Let the people you nominated know they've been tagged. No tag backs!




11 Facts:
1.  I've been to 5 countries (England, The Bahamas, Mexico, Canada, and the US).

2.  I'm obsessed with hand lotion - I'll put some on no less than 10 times a day.

3.  I'm a slight girly-girl and have no problem wearing dresses.

4.  I normally wake up at 6:30 AM on a typical morning.

5.  One of my favorite songs is Drops of Jupiter by Train.

6.  My favorite shape is the circle.  As in, it's the cirrrrrrrcllle of liiiiiiife!

7.  I love knitting but I normally don't have the stamina to finish a large project.

8.  Similarly, I love sewing, but it takes me a while to finish something.

9.  The main way I keep track of my R&R list is by writing them all down (in order of the date requested - the oldest to the most recent) and tacking the list to my bulletin board.

10.  I never use makeup simply because it would be more money that I couldn't spend on books.  Props to the bookish people that also succeed in the makeup department!

11.  I'm obsessed with Roman and Egyptian culture and will watch any documentary or read any article I can find on them.


The Questions:

1.  What is the story behind your blog name?
This is really an unexciting story...  I couldn't think of anything so I just decided to name it after my favorite color which also happens to be the color of my eyes.  Everyone always comments on how blue my eyes are and it's always been my favorite color so I thought, why not?  I can always change it later!  But it's actually kind of hard to switch blog names when you've already been at it for a while so I guess I'm sticking with it!

2.  What blogs do you check daily?
I don't really go to the actual homepage of any blog to see if they've posted anything.  I'm subscribed to all the blogs I follow by email, Bloglovin', or Google+ so I'm just notified when there is a new post.  I go through my email every day and my Google+ and Bloglovin' every few days/weeks.  As to what blogs I frequent, some include My Addition: Books, Enchanted by YA, Victorian Soul Critiques, and Girl in the Pages.

3.  What is your favorite quote?
There are too many!  I listed a bunch of them in this post during BookBlogWriMo: http://blueeyebooks.blogspot.com/2015/11/bookblogwrimo-2015-day-6-favorite-book.html

4.  Who is your favorite author?
This is so hard!  I have so many favorite authors!  My favorite at the moment would have to be Sarah J. Maas though :)  I mean, The Throne of Glass series is pure perfection and A Court of Thorns and Roses is magnificent!

5.  If your life were a movie, who would play you?
Honestly, I really don't know.  The first person that comes to mind is Emma Watson because we have such similar facial structures and kind of the same view on life (I mean, as far as I know!).

6.  Do you have a full-time job or is blogging your full-time job?
I'm actually a full-time student with blogging on the side of all of my other commitments.  Sometimes it gets a bit hard to manage but it always works out in the end!

7.  Who is your favorite band?
I'd have to say 30 Seconds to Mars and The Script!  Here are my favorite songs from each of them!



8.  What is your favorite song right now?
Right now, I can't stop listening to YOLO by the Lonely Island ft. Kendrick Lamar and Adam Levine.  I also love What Are Words by Peter Hollens, Evynne Hollens, and the Piano Guys.  Both are below!


9.  Do you have any pets?
I have two cats named Tiger and Smokey!

10.  What is your favorite season and why?
I really love spring because it's my birthday month as well as it being all nice and warm but not too warm.  Second best is definitely winter!  I mean, who doesn't like hot beverages and blankets and books while the snow comes down?

11.  Where do you hope to be in one year?
Honestly, I'm just going to go where life takes me!  I would like to have my NaNoWriMo book done though and still be blogging!



Because there are more Liebster Award posts coming, I'm going to save my nominations for the last Liebster post.  Until my next post!

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being nominated again! I love 30 Seconds to Mars too - my favourite song by them is The Kill :D I love wearing makeup, and I love books too! I spend more money on books (of course), but it makes me look so much better. I usually take it off to read though ;)

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Denise! That song is so good!! I also love Kings and Queens :) It's so hard picking a favorite song. Haha props to you! Finding that balance is something I could never accomplish!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, you've been to Mexico -- what part? :) And, ohmygoodness, (just from looking at your profile pic on IG) you really do look like Emma Watson!! Also, it means the world that you check our blog frequently -- I absolutely love reading your blog too. <3

    ((Oh and you've succeeded in getting YOLO stuck in my head again, haha)) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Just to Cozumel and Progreso. I'm hoping to go back again this year though and see more! I have to confess, I've been stalking your IG and lusting over all of the pretty scenery that you got to see! Haha, right?! I didn't notice it until someone pointed it out to me! :D That song is seriously the best - the sarcasm is perfection!

      Delete
    2. Ahh, now I'm jealous. I've never been to either of those, but they look so gorgeous from the pictures I've seen -- they're definitely on my bucket list of places I want to visit. :D & haha, thank you, it was all really amazing to see. When I go again this winter, I'm hoping to visit a lot of new places. Really hope you get to go again soon! :)

      Delete
    3. :) They were both really pretty! I hope you're able to go again soon! :D

      Delete
  3. I absolutely wholeheartedly agree with like the throne of glass author! She writes magnificently.
    A.S. Damea @ A Reviewing Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I can't wait for the fifth ToG book to come out! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the nomination! And don't worry - I'm behind on my posts too! I was nominated for this about a month ago and still haven't done it....ahh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gennifer! Haha it's crazy how 'oh I don't have time today, I'll do it this week sometime' turns into 'wow, I really should have done this last year...' so quickly! The months seem to fly by! I look forward to reading your post :)

      Delete
  5. How did you like Mexico?? I hope to visit it when I'm more advanced in Spanish so I can practive it there :D Blogging is time-consuming but vlogging even more ahah. So now I don't complain anymore, even with work and school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it! I was only in two port cities so most of the people spoke English and I didn't have to use much Spanish (I'm learning Spanish too!) but I'd love to go back sometime and visit most of the internal places and get away from the touristy destinations. I've heard it helps so much when you're learning another language to actually go someplace where it's spoken more so you're forced to use it. Oh gosh yeah I don't think I could handle book vlogging. Sure, it looks like a 3 minute video but it's more like an hour of shooting and then an hour of editing! Major props to all the vloggers/booktubers out there!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on being nominated again - even if it was last February! Drops of Jupiter is one of my favorite songs, too. That's usually how I stay updated on my favorite blogs - but there are a handful I will go to directly. :)

    By the way, I've tagged you for the This or That? Tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! It's such a great song :) Nice! I just don't have the memory space for that :D

      Thanks a bunch!

      Delete
  7. 30 seconds to mars is an awesome band! Great choice!

    Carrie @The Book Goddess

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...