This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Friday, November 14, 2014

#BookBlogWriMo - Your Ratings System

The rest of the posts here!
Today's Topic: Your Ratings System - A lot of blogs have ratings policies or systems. Some don’t, but they really do. What makes you decide how many stars to give?


Sorry this is coming out late... Blogger and life just hate me right now and are conspiring against me :P

So my ratings system!  Here it is!

Five stars:  This book was fantabulous.  There are no words to describe it's awesomeness and often in these reviews I won't even be able to form coherent thoughts and go on a rant on how amazing it is.

Four stars:  Pretty dang good!  There may have been one or two things that just didn't do it for me but overall, the amazingness was there!

Three stars:  Well done!  A decent book although it could use some improvement.

Two stars:  It missed the mark on the majority of things so it was just okay.  I did finish it... just didn't enjoy most of it.

One star:  I either 1.  Didn't finish it or 2.  finished it for the sole purpose of going on a rant.  Most of the time it's just that I did't finish it because I couldn't stomach another word.

Tada!  Pretty simply right?  I usually err on the side of the positive because I know everyone has different tastes and I hate giving a book a low rating if it really was good... I just didn't like it.  I know most of the time when I read reviews on blogs, unless it's a book I've read, I'll look at the star rating first and skim the review.  So I feel like it isn't fair to the author if I hate on their book and then all people see is my opinion rating.  Maybe I should start doing split ratings... you know where one is my opinion and one is the goodness of it?  That actually might be good...

What's your ratings system?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...